Monday, July 17, 2006

Free Time

You take free time for granted until you don't have it. For the past three years, I have not had much. Even when I had free time, I really did not have "free" time, I would just put something else on the back burner and prioritize something else. Out to dinner? I should be studying. On vacation? I should be writing a paper. Getting a massage? I should be in class. Thus, even when I got to have fun, I was thinking about everything else going on in my life. And you just get used to it. almost to the point where you forget what it's like to have free time.

I was just talking at lunch the other day about this with Cassie and Kellie, on break from our PMBR lectures. Neither one of them is really grasping the concept either, that we will have LIVES again! Like, when we leave work for the night, we can DO WHATEVER THE HELL WE WANT TO!

So........I have been thinking of all the stuff I want to do. For those who know me, they know that being busy is something I actually kinda like. But, I will like it much more when my activities are things I choose to do, rather then things I am forced to do.

Here is the start of a list of things I shall do when the bar is OVER.

1. Really concentrate on my Photography. I really started being into photograpy last summer, but have not really had the time to focus on it. I want to possibly take a photography class to learn more about the use of my camera. I also want to plan hikes, and other outdoor activities, where I can find unique things to put in my online albums.

2. Tennis. I want to start playing tennis again. Kurt and I played all the time in Lansing, and I loved it. Kory likes to play too, so we can all go.

3. My Bike. I got this awesome bike for free from using my Westlaw points. We got them last fall and still have not rode them once. Want to get the bike out of its storage thing, and actually ride it around the neighborhood.

4. Kickboxing. I was very into this, and just started the combat classes when law school started. I was in the best shape of my freaking life and was learning so much. I want to start going back.

That's about it and after an entire day of multiple choice questions and studying, I need to go to bed.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Don't forget Cedar Point with me :)