Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Home Sweet Home

So, I am home! Since I have been home, have been super tired. My flight came in on Tuesday morning at 5:00 a.m., I did not get home until like 6:45 a.m. and was at work at 9:45 a.m. And since there was a screaming baby that literally did not stop most of the flight, I did not get much sleep on the plane. Gotta love that.

I am currently uploading all my pics, but it will be a while until it is done.

So, the trip. Friday morning, we all met for breakfast at the hotel. After that, we headed over to the conference center to pick up our passes and registration stuff. Went to the Giants Stadium for a tour. They have the most gorgeous baseball stadium I have ever been to. Wow. The tour was really interesting and fun too, as we got to go in areas of the stadium where the public are generally not admitted. Went to lunch at Bubba Gump's at Pier 39, which was yummy and had an awesome view of the ocean. Headed back to the hotel and got ready for the As--Yankees game. The game was a ton of fun, and the As won! I am always thrilled when the Yankees lose...

Saturday, we got up and headed over to the exhibits at the conference. Had breakfast at this place known for its famous pancakes, but I had an omlette, LOL. There were several exhibits we really wanted to attend. The district is really is financial distress, and we need to find ways to save money. I thought that was really productive. Had sushi for lunch and walked the exhibits more. Also saw F.W. de Clerk speak that day, and he was really inspiring. The things he said are so in line with how I think about having goals and being open to change. Went and walked around by myself on the Wharf and bought a new camera lens that does some wide angle and some macro. Came back to the room and suddenly, I felt really ill. I thought I had food poisoning, but I think I was just exhausted. Laid down and ended up skipping our two functions that night because I simply could not get out of bed. I was supposed to go to the Museum of Modern Art and the Ritz, and have dinner with a friend. Blah. Later that night, met the group in the downstairs bar for a diet coke.

Sunday, we got up and headed to the conference to get seats to see Bill Clinton speak. We had second row seats, which was incredible. He was an awesome speaker, and spoke mostly about wellness and fitness for kids and how important it is for education. Met my friend from high school, Dawn, and her husband, Todd, for lunch. We went to a place that had fish tacos, and then went and had a drink at this crazy bar. It was really fun to catch up. After that, I headed back to the hotel because we had a kewl dinner to attend at a nice restaurant in downtown San Fran. We all got dressed up and went to that. Went and walked Lombard Street after that (which was so fun in my 3 inch Steve Maddens, let me tell you, LOL), then headed back to the hotel.

Monday, we all went to Alcatraz. Which was so extremely kewl. After lunch, we all headed out separate ways. I decided to hit the Golden Gate State Park for some pics. The conservatory was closed, but I stopped by the Japanese Tea Garden, which was so calm and beautiful. My plane left that night.

Overall, I loved San Fran and I think the trip was really productive. :). I would love to go back and take Kurty.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had a great time!