Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sundays in the Sun


It was gorgeous out today. Unexpected as the past few days have been cooler. I woke up kinda early and after a nice shower, looked outside. Total fog. Could only see a couple feet out the french doors into the backyard. Got dressed quickly and headed outside to take pics. The fog was already lifting, so I did not get any great fog pics, but since it poured last night, I got some great raindrop pics in the yard. Kurt was already outside picking up random trash in the yard (that was his and Kory's project of the day). Kurt found two ducks (a boy and a girl) hanging out on the property, so we followed them hoping to find a nest, but no such luck. Hopefully some babies pop up, I heart baby ducks.

Decided to take advantage of the nice weather and headed to Sterling State Park to hike. It was a really nice walk. Walked the entire loop and took some pics. I saw two beautiful swans hanging out in the lagoon.....Also saw a really cute groundhog and today was totally turtle day. I swear, I saw about 50. At least. I think they were enjoying the sun, just as I was! :). The weather is supposed to be crappy the rest of the week, so we were all out today, LOL.


My favorite dessert to make? Cheesecake. Why? Because I hate it. Made one today and Kurt and Kory both had some, hehe. It looked really good, but it is WAY too rich for me. I know, I know. I am the only person in life who does not like it.


More trees planted in the yard....Yesterday, Kurt and Kory planted 6 london plane and 5 purple plum trees....I can't wait until they start blooming, so I can see them. The plum trees are colored all year, never green. Oh, went to the mall yesterday to look for a bed at Elder Beerman (did not find one). While there, stopped at Sears since I had a gift card, and ended up getting a pair of dress pants and a shirt for work. Only paid $7 after the use of my card. Woo hoo.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait for stuff to start blooming...

Emily said...

beautiful pics!! I'm so glad spring is here....