Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Life is Chaos


OK, I feel like I have a lost a little bit of control over my life. I am so freaking busy. All the time. Which is why I have not posted here in almost a week. I keep wanting to post, but am either too tired or too busy doing something else in order to do so.

OK, well, let's start with some good stuff before I continue to bitch....

Last night, I had a fantastic night out. Kurt and I met up with my friend, Cassie, from law school, and her boyfriend, Ken. They are both attys as well. Cassie graduated with me, and Ken started practicing law in 2002. Kurt had never met either one of them, and I had only met Ken in passing. Cassie and I have this bond that is not easily explained, unless you have gone through taking the bar exam. We took both bar review courses together, as well as the bar exam.....Some of the most trying times of your life, and nobody truly understands what it's like unless they have been through it as well. Anyway. They have their own practice, just like Kurt and I, but practice in some different areas, like civil and criminal, as well as family and bankruptcy like us. We ate at Crave, my all time favorite place. Yum. Dinner was at 7, and we all talked nonstop the entire night. Also, I looked totally fab, if I do say so myself. Totally non-Lori like, ahaha. Wore my new black dress from White House Black Market (WHBM), which is totally trendy and shorter than normal for me. Broke out the knee high boots, threw my cute new necklace from WHBM on too, large fake diamond earrings (like I would pay for real ones that large, LOL), and a cute black bracelet. Curled my hair. I totally should have taken pictures, but I did not. Forgot my camera. Whoopsie. I rarely wear a dress, so I should not have forgotten pics.......

Today, we were supposed to work. Kurt had a headache though, and we did not. I was also supposed to visit with my friend, Kerry, in Ann Arbor, but we postponed to next weekend because of the weather. We were planning on doing something outdoors like with her girls, but the weather was horrible here today. It snowed earlier in the day. Yes, snowed. Thank God nothing stuck to the ground and by the end of the day, it was in the 40s again and sunny, with a gorgeous clear sky. Since Kurt was kinda sick, I headed to Canton to go to Sams Club and Trader Joe's with my Aunt. We also stopped at Kohl's, Dumham's, Bed Bath and Beyond....had dinner at Andiamo's for my Dad's birthday, which was super yummy. Got my Dad two pairs of baseball pants and a Tigers shirt for his bday, which he liked. He is on a baseball team this summer and needed those to play.

Had a nice dinner out Friday night with my friends Tammy and Melanie. We went to Famous Dave's, which i had never been to before. My food was good, but the menu was really limited for a non-meat eater. I had a grilled salmon. We had coupons for free desserts, but yea, the three of us did not even eat one of the desserts. The desserts were huge. After dinner, Mel and I headed to Home Goods to walk around and buy nothing. :). She even had a gift card and could not find anything. I am so proud of Mel. She is going through a divorce right now, and her husband is such an ass. Dating a freaking 22 year old, not spending much time with his kids at all, not contributing financially to the kids or her.....She is being so strong through all of this. She finally hired a good lawyer I referred her to (I don't do divorces for my friends), so things should start to progress nicely now. He has no atty. She has three little boys, and it must be so hard to work and take care of them and a house herself. :(. She is really enjoying having a social life again though, and even though the situation sucks, I really think she seems HAPPIER now, which is awesome. Go Mel!

Anyway, lots of interesting stories from work this week, but I am getting kinda tired and have to get up early. I will write more later...........


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Saturday night outfit sounds absolutely FABULOUS. I've only seen a WHBM store once, at an outlet mall in Pennsylvania. Everything looked so gorgeous in there! Wish you had taken a picture ;) LOL.

Sorry to hear that your life is so chaotic these days... hope you can find some time to wind down a bit.