Monday, April 07, 2008

No Working Weekend


Should I have worked some this weekend? Probably. Did I? No. Did that rock? Totally.

I think I needed this weekend off. I have spent almost every weekend this year working at least part of it, and I hate that. I need weekends.

This one was super fun. Saturday morning, I met Lea and Rebecca for breakfast in Dearborn at a little coney island. It was fun and nice to see them both. Lea moved to Ohio earlier this year, so nobody in MI has seen her in a little while, and I had not seen Rebecca in a while (at least for us) either. It was a quick breakfast, but nice. I then had about a half hour to burn before my lunch, so I stopped at the mall in Taylor. I ended up in Macy's, browsing. And to continue with my shoe obsession of late, purchased this adorable pair of heels which are both comfy and super cute. I got them in brown. I also got them for less than half retail, so that rocked too, as I never would pay full price for them.....Met Hollie for lunch next and we had a great time, as usual, gossiping about life. Fun, fun. Came home after that and ran some errands with Kurty. Picked up a new bird feeder at Tractor Supply, as well as some squirrel food for my one and only squirrel. I love him though. My old bird feeder fell and broke this winter......Also took my vacuum in for cleaning and repairs (it was already returned today, gotta love the warranty on my Dyson), bought two turtles and some fish for the pond............

Sunday, I decided to go hiking at Sterling State Park. Paid for my yearly parking pass and hiked about 3 miles, which was awesome. I surprisingly saw a lot of wildlife--blue heron, white heron, ducks, geese, swans, muskrat, frogs, etc. I could see a lot more as there are not leaves on the trees yet! :). I just stood forever watching all the swans. They are gorgeous creatures, I always feel so lucky to see them at the state park.

Oh, had an ortho appointment today and they yet again, changed the power chain on the bottom. They seemed really pleased with the amount my teeth have moved though, and my next appointment, they are doing something different, so I think I am nearing the end. I hope. Have to STILL wear the rubber bands (DAMN), but the woman gave me some stronger ones, so hopefully that speeds things up. I love how they will give me whatever to make things fast. I don't care if I am in pain, I just want to be done. I am still super annoyed with myself for not following instructions as a teen and keeping my retainer and wearing it, but am glad at the same time that I caught it when I did and this will be a fairly short process.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

The shoes are super cute!!

RachelSW said...

Seriously, even taking a day off of work can make you much more productive in the long run. I'm glad that you had a nice weekend!

Silka said...

Hi Lori.... I saw your name on Angel's blog list so I thought I'd come by and say hi. Hi ! lol.

Super cute shoes....