Thursday, April 03, 2008

You're Beautiful......

In the past two days, two random people have told me I am beautiful. So odd. One of the guards at court stopped me and told me yesterday, and today, a client stopped in and told me "You look really beautiful today." A female client. So odd, but so nice of both of them.

So odd. People compliment my clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc. all the time, but I usually don't get random people saying I am beautiful to my face, or stopping me to say so.....

I have been feeling kinda gross lately, so it was nice to hear.....

Thanks random people, for making my day and making a girl smile! :).

And knowing how that made me smile, I think we should all make an effort to compliment others more often. It can really make someone's day.

My new saying lately is "The glass is half full". It's easy with my life to get down and negative and stressed out about things. About two weeks ago, I started saying that phrase over and over and I am trying to get Kurt to think that way too. Seriously, the only way Kurt and I are going to survive in this business is to be positive and always see that the grass is greener on THIS side of the fence, and not the other. I think it is really helping me....

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I've never thought of you as a negative person to begin with, but I'm glad about the glass theory! I'm starting to feel the same way myself :)

Amanda said...

I'm a total pessimist (I like to say "realist" - but.....nah....). I should think more positively.

Truth is, I really DO believe you get back out of the universe what you send out....

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Yea, Rebecca, I can be a real bitch sometimes (even if it's just me in my own head being one), HAHA. Sometimes my outward positiveness is kinda masking my inward negativeness. I am trying to make the inside mirror the outside! :).

Mrs. Lukie said...

I agree...and I try to compliment other women at least once, if not more, each day. I know how great it feels to get a compliment from a man, but it's even greater (and, sadly, shocking) to receive a compliment from a woman...so I try and do my part for the whole "Girl Power" thing ;)

PS: You *are* beautiful, missy! ;)

Lori Anne Haskell said...

I heart girl power, sarah! And thanks on the other comment, hehe.