Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where Do I Find the Energy?

Yay! David Cook won! I have not watched American Idol a ton this season, but I have liked David Cook from the start. Congrats to you, David! Since I know you read this blog and all in your spare time. Ha.

OMG. Day from hell. So busy. Had court at 8 a.m., which is crazy. And, they did not call the case until, drumroll please........130 pm. Freaking ridiculous. At least I kicked the other's side ass. My client got sole legal custody, sole physical custody and the Dad has NO parenting time. Gotta love Defendants who are not represented, it is so much fun to toy with them and make them angry.......My fav part of the day was when the bailiff said "Do not interrupt counsel when she is speaking or you will be removed from the courtroom." Ha. Love the bailiffs downtown, they always have our backs. Got back to the office to insanity. Phone calls galore, appointments coming in one after the other, meeting out of the office at 3, documents that HAD to be filed online.

Left the office, came home, and I don't know what got into me. Before I even sat down to relax, I walked the dogs, filled the bird feeders, vacuumed the great room, put two loads of laundry away, put another load in the dryer and one in the washer, carried laundry from our bedroom down the hall, switched the dishes over, made dinner for me and Kurt, cleaned some in the kitchen, changed garbages over.......And since I have switched the laundry over again. Now, I am zonked.

Booked a rental car for Nicaragua. That's about all I am doing in the way of planning. Will pack tomorrow. I think we are going to try and backpack it again, no suitcases. It is so much easier, and all I really need there with the hot weather is shorts, tanks, bug spray and sunscreen. AND MY CAMERA. Can't wait to take pics, seriously. It will be awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Neato... I've never been a fan of American Idol, but David Cook was a friend of a friend of mine (they went to high school together), and he's been so pumped and keeping me updated on his progress... so that's pretty freaking awesome!

Nicaragua sounds like it will be amazing, and a much needed vacation for you! I can't wait to see the pics :)