Tuesday, June 30, 2009

$2 a Month

So, I was thinking last week, while applying the best mascara ever, that it was a LONG time ago I purchased said mascara. And, I think I read somewhere, that you are supposed to replace your mascara every three months. So, I looked back on the Sephora past orders page and yea, my mascara was purchased in July 08. Whoops. Almost a year! But, at $24 a tube, I only spent like $2 a month on mascara. And the stuff is STILL good. But, it made me realize I needed to replace it and needed to place a Sephora order. And, I love ordering online because they give you a ton of free samples and such! So, here is what I ordered and the free samples I got.

Eye Shadow (used this once so far, this morning, it comes with directions on different ways to apply the shadows, so far, really like the colors and quality)

Mascara (best ever, been using for years)

Body Wash Set (have not used yet, but the scents are incredible in the bottle)

Body Wash (used once this morning and it smells aMAZing)

Samples of the following:

Bliss Best of Skintentions Daily Moisturizer

Ralph Lauren Romance Always Yours Eau de Parfum

dr. brandt blemishes no more® intensolution® - and blemishes no more® Oil-Free Hydrator

Nina Ricci Eau de Toilette

Philosophy Philosophy Hope in a Jar

Sean John I Am King Eau de Toilette (for Kurty)

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme Eau de Toilette (for Kurty)

Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Toilette

Philosophy Unconditional Love - 0.13 oz Eau de Toilette (used this morning, smells really good and unique)

Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer Deluxe Sample--(used, kinda weird. Very thick for a facial moisturizer, but blended really well)

Anyway, so far, really pleased with the purchases. Will keep everyone posted! :).

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Issey is a good perfume!

BTW, I can't believe your mascara lasted that long! Mine always start to seem dry and cakey around month 2. I love a mascara I have to order too, so I always try to stretch it.

Amanda said...

Wow - different people really do like different things. I thought I would try and branch out, so I tried that mascara and hated it, absolutely hated it! I switched back to my regular one immediately.

Wearing contacts and having allergies, I'm semi-careful about replacing mine - I write the month and yr on the bottom of it (usually there's a sticker) in permanent marker. I don't replace it every 3 months, but I don't go longer than 6. Mine doesn't get cakey ever, either - I probably could go a year!

Nancy said...

I'm starting to think that everyone's eyelashes are so different that that's why we all love or hate any given mascara! I loved Dior Show.. but I have a new holy grail, I just looked up the reviews on make up alley and it has terrible reviews! But I love love love i! hehe