Saturday, June 26, 2010

Stolen from Friends

Autobiography

I stole this fun little survey from Sarah and Nancy.


What are your middle names? Richard and Anne. His, I think, is after one of his uncles. Mine was the only name my Dad liked, and is also the same middle name as one of my Mom's best friends, who she has known since elementary school. My Dad was really particular about names. I was supposed to be Kathleen (Katie) Elizabeth, but my Dad did not like it, and Lori Anne was the only name he would agree upon. I am kinda glad, because katie is not a very lawyerly name, but I do think katie would suit me. I love that name, and I think it is a happy, upbeat name! :).

How long have you been together? We have been married since December 12, 2001 (so 8 years, 6 months, 14 days).

How long did you know each other before you started dating? Not long. We met working at a restaurant together. We were both waiting tables. Kurt was a total player, and had pretty much dated or gone out with all single girls at the place when I came along. I prob worked there about 2 weeks when we hung out for the first time.

Who asked whom out? I actually asked him out. I asked him to hang out at a local dance club with my friends and I, so it was not really a date. The next time we went out, he asked me out.

How old are each of you? I'm 33, and Kurty is 39.

Do you have any children together? The furry variety, yes. The human variety, no.

What about pets? three Chinese pugs, Oscar, age 7, Vito, age 6, Gretel, Age 5. Also, one persian cat, Bugsy, age 4. We also have LOTS of pets outside, like our raccoon that has babies here each year, 100s of bunnies, birds galore, fox, deer, fish in our pond, turtles, ducks, heron, frogs, snakes, groundhogs, and once, a cougar.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? None really. Our relationship is weirdly easy. we rarely have even a disagreement or argument. I guess the hardest thing is finding time to relax together.

Did you go to the same school? Kinda. I went to law school at Wayne State, and he got his masters in law (LLM) at Wayne State. But not at the same time.

Are you from the same hometown? Nope. Im from Manistee, hes from Pinconning.

Who is the smartest? Both of us are pretty smart. I would say we are each smart at certain things, but he is probably overall the smartest.

Who is more sensitive? Me. I cry at happy TV commercials.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Uganda in Africa.

Who has the craziest exes? No clue. Prob him. None of mine were really crazy.

Who has the worst temper? I guess him. I prob get mad more often, but when he does get mad, his temper is much worse. neither one of us get angry very often.

Who does the cooking? I do all of it. I dont think Kurt has cooked something in like 13 years. But, it is one of the things I do around here, and I like to do it. Also, if I did not do it, Kurt would just eat out like every meal, or not eat, LOL.

Who is more social? Me. Hands down. Kurt would really be happy to stay home each and every night and never socialize. Once we are out, he has fun, but we have such little time at home with work, he would much rather stay in.

Who is the neat-freak? Neither one of us is, but I am much more than him. I organize my closet by color (and his), I have my shoes perfectly lined up on shelves, and so on.

Who is more stubborn? Gosh, this one is pretty freaking even. Probably him. We are both lawyers, and I think all lawyers are stubborn, LOL.

Who hogs the bed? The pugs? haha. Neither one of us hogs, but if I have to pick, prob him.

Who wakes up earlier? Him. I like to sleep in, he just can't most of the time.

Where was your first date? Well, our first non-date was to the sports/dance club in Pontiac where we hung out with my friends. Our next date was to Rams Horn after work for a snack at like 1 in the morning.

How do you spend the holidays? On vacation!

Who is more jealous? Me.

How long did it take to get serious? Not very long at all. a week?

Who eats more? About even, really. Maybe he eats a little more.

Who does/did the laundry? Me. Kurt rarely does laundry.

Who’s better with the computer? Me. Kurt actually did not really even know how to use one until about a year after we met when he was forced to learn in law school.

Who drives when you are together? Him, almost always. I make him nervous, haha.

Who is the romantic one? Neither one of us is really romantic, but I guess me.

No comments: