Friday, January 21, 2011

Tampa


Flew to Tampa last weekend with my Mom. I had a free companion ticket, and could finally use it, so I decided to take my Mom there for her bday! :). We flew out Friday morning and came back Monday night.

Got there and picked up the rental car from Alamo. We rented a compact since all we were really using it for was driving to my grandparents and back, and when we got there, they were out of compacts, so they upgraded us for free to a Nissan Altima in dark grey which we loved. It was way cheaper to rent a car then get a shuttle to my grandparents in Port Richey. Total for rental for the time, $41.00. Drove to Port Richey (after getting lost at the airport for a few minutes). Stopped for a quick lunch and then arrived. Went and watched my grampa play the harmonica in his club, then we all headed back to their place. I decided to run outside, since the weather was in the 60s and being outside is awesome to me since it is currently 5 degrees in MI. Ate dinner and played cards.....Next morning, met my Great-Aunt Louise for breakfast and then went shopping. I got to walk around Dilliard's (love that store and there are none in MI). Found awesome clearance deals, got a suit marked down from $280 to $50 (Tahari) and a dress marked down from $120 to $30. Bought my Grama a winter coat for her bday with my Mom....It's sad they actually get cold in FL. haha. Had dinner out that night and went running again. Third day we did some more shopping and I found some awesome tights on clearance (pink and purple) and a pair of awesome green Converse on clearance. Went running again and had dinner at home and played cards. Learned some new fun card games as well. Day four we woke up to rain, so no running, BOO. Had breakfast, then relaxed at the house. Did some stuff on my Grampa's computer (set him up a facebook account, changed his printer ink, showed him how to do some different things like save bookmarks). Off to the airport, then home! Had an awesome time, and it was so nice to get out of MI weather for a few days.

Work has been crazy busy and exhausting. Had a really late board meeting last night, did not get home until 11:15 PM, which is crazy. Tonight, had a fun dinner out with Rebecca, Kurt, and Kory at Crave in Dearborn. Had a spicy california roll with spicy botan shrimp and rice, and hot and sour soup. aMAZing meal. They had a live musician there too, and he was great! Played a huge variety of music, just him and his guitar.......Have to work all weekend, but hopefully, will get somewhat caught up.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

No comments: