Friday, August 23, 2013

Update

Bad at blogging these days, so I am going to try to do a quick update, with bullet points!  :)


  • Learning Spanish.  I know that it will take living in Costa Rica to get really good, but I at least want to have a good base before I go, knowing a lot of phrases and words.  So, I bought Rosetta Stone for Kurt and I, and have been trying to do the program at least once a day, even if only for 10 minutes.  I am learning a lot and really like the program thus far. I also got a great deal on the set.
  • Went to the Tigers game twice in the past week, which was super fun.  First time, we were invited by a friend who has season tickets.  We went with Gary and Tammy to the game last Saturday, and Miggy hit a walk off home run, which was awesome.  Great game.   Then, this past Thursday we went with the office to the game in the afternoon.  Had amazing seats, Kurt caught a foul ball, and we were on the big screen twice!  Cray!
  • Work has been insanely busy.  I feel like I never have enough hours in the day.  For example, today, I had court all morning, got back to the office around noon, scarfed down a Lean Cuisine, filed like 12 bankruptcies, then returned some phone calls, and before I knew it, it was the end of the day.  Exhausted.
  • Had dinner with my family to celebrate my bday (reallllly late) two Saturdays ago.  I got to pick the place, so we went to Sizzling Sticks in Northville, which is a fav of mine.  It was super yummy, and I got some great gifts!  My grama got me a gorgeous crystal necklace, and my aunt got my a towel that says my fav phrase, PURA VIDA, pug flip flops and some bath and body works stuff that smells amazing.
  • I have been getting outside a TON to work out.  Running, biking, etc.  Am loving it and the weather in MI right now.  We are logging a lot of miles at Sterling State Park, which makes me happy.  Some days we bike and run, and what a great workout.  
  • I have figured out that the real thing to keeping my weight at what I want it is NOT the working out, but the eating right.  I know working out is part of it and part of keeping my body toned in the way I want, but the weight part of it is def food.  I have been doing amazing this week keeping my calories in check and I can really tell with the way I feel.  I just need to avoid eating out.  That is my downfall for sure.
  • I found a new massage place in Southgate, MI, I really like called Kneaded Relief.  They are low priced and awesome.  Yay.
  • I am looking forward to dinner out with friends this weekend, working out with Kurt, getting some errands done around the house and relaxing.  We have worked the past two Saturdays, and I am looking forward to NOT working a weekend.  Super yay.

No comments: