Monday, June 09, 2014

Just Another "nonmanic" Monday,

Not one day in Costa Rica is manic!  But I do like that song.........

Today, I slept in a little and then went on our run.  I lucked out and did not have the sun beating on me even though I ran later than usual.  Whoot.  It is a lot easier running in the heat with no sun.  The sun kicks my ass in the runs. 

Made Kurt French toast today with homemade vanilla honey syrup and bananas.  Him and the pugs enjoyed it.  I think him and the pugs are enjoying all the homemade food!  Trying to buy nothing packaged, which is why I made my own syrup today.



Went into town to get paint today. We are turning one of the bedrooms into a closet, since this house is really lacking in closet space.  The room I wanted to use was a kid's room and really needed changes.  It was painted a non-pretty purple/pink, and had one entire wall that was a mural of Winnie the Pooh.  Just why. 


Anyway, I wanted a bright, Costa Rican color for the walls, since it is going to have shelving and rods in front of it and the paint would shine through from the back.  We bought a color at Sherman Williams in town called "Blue Mosque". 


Kurt had to buy painting supplies as well, rollers, etc.  Got all that and he started filling nail holes and taping the room.  Started painting, but it is going to need more than one coat because of that dang mural.  Anyway, I am loving it so far, but will post more of the finished product once complete.  My guess is he will finish tomorrow.  Then, I will have to design what I want for the closet of clothing, shoes, purses and jewelry.

I discovered the Bosu ball at the gym yesterday and googled exercises for it.  I love it!  It makes things harder by requiring you to balance while exercising.  Anyway, great tool.

Tomorrow, we are meeting up with our realtor.  He wants to take a picture of Kurt and I in front of the house for his website, and he is taking me out to look at condos for a friend of mine who is looking for a possible investment property/vacation home in Costa Rica.  She wants it to be near us so I can possibly manage the property.

Pura Vida!


 

 

 

1 comment:

RoseAnn said...

I love that blue you chose for your closet. Can't wait to see it when it's finished!